Introduction: Monogram Design on Shirt Using Cricut
I will tell you 6 easy steps to create monograms using your cricut machine.
Step 1: Download Free Monogram Font
You can download free monogram fonts from dafont.com. I used font Monogram-kk
- Be sure cricut design space is not open and running when downloading font or it will not be add to your font book.
Step 2: Design Your Monogram
Open cricut design space and create our monogram. Select Monogram-kk and enter each initial individually. After getting it the size you want be sure to "weld" your letters together.
- The order for monograms are first name initial, last name initial, and middle name initial if all letters are different sizes.
- The order is first, middle, last name initial if all initials are the same size.
Step 3: Begin Cutting
Adjust your cricut machine settings to the Iron-on. The cut only goes through the iron-on film and leaves the liner intact. Load gripmat into the machine and cut images.
- Turn "mirror" on in design space before you begin cutting
Step 4: Weld Design
Remove negative (extra) Cricut Iron-on film, leaving only the desired cut image on the linear. Using the weeding tool found in the Cricut Tool Kit can make this process faster and easier.
- Using the weeding tool found in the Cricut Tool Kit can make this process faster and easier.
Step 5: Apply Design to Shirt
Preheat the area of the material in which you will be applying your cut image by placing heat press on top for 10-15 seconds before adding image. Place the weeded image, liner side up, onto the preheated material. Apply medium pressure with the iron for 25-30 seconds.
- Preheating shirt helps removes any wrinkles so image can lay flat.
- If using an EasyPress, refer to this Cricut Heat Guide for time, temperature, and peel temperature recommendations depending on your base material and pressing surface.
Step 6: Remove Linear for Final Product
After your image has cooled down remove linear and YOU'RE DONE !