Introduction: Nitrogenated Watermelon Gelee
Yes Gelee.... not jelly. Why? Because modern cooking deserves trendy, modern lingo. When using Gelatin, if you're not making jello shots... class-it-up a bit and make it a gelee!
I had quite a bit of watermelon left over after experimenting with my watermelon carbonation and infusions, so I decided to try making something else new... a Nitrogenated Watermelon Gelee.
- Half of a watermelon
- 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoon superfine white sugar
- 3 grams gelatin powder
- 1 N2O (Nitrous Oxide) charger
- Scoop out on half of the watermelon, and blend the fruit with the juice of 1 lime, the gelatin powder and sugar, until completely liquified.
- Strain through a fine strainer, and pour into iSi Whip canister until liquid reaches the max limit line.
- Screw on the N2O charger and shake well.
- Store on its side in the fridge for 1 hour. Shake again before your serve.
Recipe at: http://breakingtheculinarymold.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/nitrogenated-watermelon-gelee/