Introduction: No Coffee Machine Cream Cappuccino!
I'm not even a regular coffee drinker - but I saw this idea online a few times and just had to try it out since it looks so delicious! And guess what, it worked the first time (which is rare for anything I try out in the kitchen :p).
Basically we're making a coffee cream, which can be diluted with milk or water or added to desserts.
The recipe is easy to remember, vegan, gluten- and dairy-free.
For the coffee cream:
- 1 part soluble coffee
- 1 part white or brown sugar (this amount can be varied)
- 1 part ice-cold water (I just put some water in the freezer for a few minutes)
You will also need:
- a mixer
- a container to mix everything in
Step 1: Whisk Your Ingredients
All you have to do is pour the ingredients into a container and whisk them with a mixer.
It really doesn't take long until you get a fluffy cream. You can get a consistency similar to whipped cream - but mine was a bit runnier than that (which was still very creamy). I might have added a little too much water.
Step 2: Enjoy in Various Ways!
- To make a creamy cappuccino, just boil some milk and add it to about 1-2 tablespoons of the cream. Mix it and add some more cream on top for some extra fluff!
- You don't actually need warm milk, cold milk gives you a nice cold cappuccino.
- Even just adding water is fine - yes, hot or cold both work!
- Eat it with ice cream - the bitterness and sweetness are a great combination!
In an air-tight container this coffee fluff can be stored in the fridge for about two weeks and used for multiple servings. Apparently you can also store it in the freezer and it won't harden - but I haven't tried that out yet.
Hope you like the idea and give it a try!
Participated in the
Coffee Speed Challenge