Introduction: No-Name Pizza
You don't always need to have the fancy ingredients to make a gourmet pizza. Plus how says what you need to put on top of your pizza.
Once you make a basic dough you can put what ever you want on your pizza.
We always make "Make your Own Pizzas". That way everyone loved the pizza they are eating.
5 Cups - Grocery Store Brand All Purpose Flour - plus some for work surface.
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of instant Yeast
1 2/3 cups of cold water
2 teaspoons of salt
All the topping you want
Step 1: Making the Dough.
- 5 Cups of Flour (any value brand flour will do)
- 1/2 grams of instant yeast (no need to get fancy here)
- 1 2/3 cups of cold water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Olive Oil
Some recipes call for fancy 00 flour or bread flour. Yes they work but if you can't afford them or can't find them your value brand All Purpose flour will work just fine.
Some recipes call for fresh yeast, but your instant yest will also work. If a recipe calls for fresh yeast you just use only half as much instant yeast instead.
- In a mixing bowl, put your yeast in the water and mix with your hand.
- Add the flour slowly and mix well.
- Add your salt last. Keeping the yeast and salt separate at the beginning will help the process.
- Work the dough together until smooth and elastic. You can use a stand mixer or work with your hand the results will be the same.
NOTE: you can add a little flour as you work if needed, plus put on work surface when rolling and making you dough balls.
- Lightly grease a bowl with some olive oil and transfer your dough ball. Cover with with plastic wrap for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring your dough ball out and make your small individual balls. We make individual pizzas and when making the actual pizzas we make our balls into 230 gram sizes.
- Put your small dough balls into a container and refrigerate. 3-24 hours depending on your schedule.
- You can also freeze the balls for use latter.
Step 2: Pizza Time...
If your family is anything like ours, everyone like their pizza a little bit different. So we just prep all kinds of ingredients and let everyone make their own style pie.
There are now rules. High end, low end or no name it doesn't matter.
Our typical ingredient are as follows:
- Sweet Peppers
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Black Olives
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Artichoke Hearts
- and Mozzarella cheese
Step 3: Type to Cook!
What ever you have to cook with BBQ, oven or a Pizza Oven heat it up and get cooking. Keep an eye on your pie and it's done when golden brown.
In the Oven:
On the BBQ:
Indirect heat is best in your BBQ.
We have a Gozney Roccbox, but your oven will work just fine.
Step 4: Eat It Up!
I hope you enjoyed this instructable as much as we enjoyed eating our pizza pies.
Participated in the
Pizza Speed Challenge 2020