Introduction: 'Perry the Platypus' Pipe Cleaner Art
Perry the Platypus is every kid's favourite character from Phineas and Ferb. He's a semi-aquatic, egg laying mammal of action. This is a pipe cleaner artistic recreation of Perry the Platypus. A perfect crafts project for crafty kid of any age!
Step 1: BoM
- Pipe Cleaner
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue
Step 2: Shape the Body
We want a long slender body for Perry or 'Agent P.'
- Wrap around the first pipe cleaner close to the pointy end of the skewer, leaving a bit of it for the right leg. Once it gets short, wrap it such that you form a left arm with the left over pipe cleaner. Don't worry if it's too long, because we can always cut it short.
- Wrap a second pipe cleaner around the first one to form the slender body. Again, like the first step leave a bit int he beginning to form a left leg. Then once it gets short begin moving towards the left arm, forming a nose as you get to the narrow and pointy end of the skewer and leaving a left arm with the left over pipe cleaner.
- Cut off the excess legs.
Step 3: Add the Beak
- Cut a small size of orange pipe cleaner about the size of the body.
- Wrap it around the head once and form a beak with the excess length.
Step 4: Cover the Beak
Since Perry the Platypus does not have an orange head, we need to cover the wrap-around with some green.
- Cut a small piece of green pipe cleaner and wrap it around the head to cover the orange.
Step 5: Form the Tail
- Cut a long piece of pipe cleaner about 1.5 times the body length.
- Wrap this piece around the body twice and form the excess into a long slender tail. Then, fold it in half to make it twice as thick.
Step 6: Glue the Eyes
- Pull the platypus out of the skewer, it should slide right off. And squish it to form it to more of a platypus-like body shape.
- Add a bead of hot glue to the eye area of the platypus. The eyes are meant to be disproportionately large.
- Make sure that the eyes are out of focus, since Perry's eyes as Perry the Platypus and not 'Agent P' are always out of focus.
Step 7: Decorate With Some 'Branches'
- Twist a couple of pipe cleaners and form some branches with the ends of the pipe cleaners
- Fold it in half for more branches.
- Place Perry over it and bend the legs slightly.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017