Introduction: Rock Tic-Tac-Toe
Hello everyone, I hope you’re doing great. This is my first Instructable in a while, I'm excited to get back in the game. I'm going to share how I made this Tic-Tac-Toe game using stones from my backyard. It should be a fun weekend project. Enjoy!
Step 1: Tools & Materials
This is a very cheap and simple project. I decided to order my cotton bag off Amazon but I'm sure there are many more local and cheaper alternatives to this.
- 1 Black Chisel Tip Sharpie
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Fine Detail Paint Brush
- 1 Measuring Tape / Ruler
- 10 Stones
- 1 Small Cotton Drawstring Bag
- White Oil Paint
- 1 Small Paper
Step 2: Gather & Clean Rocks
- Draw a square 1.25" x 1.25" on a piece of paper. Use it as a size guide when choosing rocks.
- Keep collecting rocks until you have 10.
- Wash rocks with water and soap.
Step 3: Draw the Board
- With a pencil, draw lines at one-third of the width and length of the bag.
- Draw over pencil lines with a chisel tip permanent marker.
- Let it dry.
Step 4: Paint Rocks
- Separate your rocks into two piles.
- Paint "X" on five rocks. Paint "O" on five rocks.
- Let the paint dry.
Step 5: Play!
Grab your stones and play! When you're done you can store them in the bag and take them anywhere. This is a great game for picnics, camping, and game nights with family or friends.
Let me know if you try making it, I would like to know what you think. I hope you enjoyed this Instructable, I had a great time making it. There are many more coming soon!
Participated in the
Stone, Concrete, Cement Challenge