Introduction: SCI-FI Themed Cut-out LED Lamp
Hello!! Here we gonna make SCI-FI themed cut-out LED lamp.It is very easy to make and requires less time.You can place it in your living room, bedroom,etc.Its so attractive you must try. It will give you good vibes definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCI-FI Themed Cut-out LED Lamp video
WHITE SHEET (CARD SHEET PAPER)
LED LIGHTING [LED STRIP I USED RGB IR STRIP]
FLAT SQUARE BOX
SILVER CARDBOARD ( THICK CARDBOARD AND FOIL MAY ALSO WORK )
CPU FAN (NOT ESSENTIAL JUST FOR THEME )
Step 1: Making Body of White Sheet.
Firstly, take the side measurements of flat square box.Now take that measurements on white paper sheet[For eg.if each side of square box measures 11cm then draw the same measurements on white paper sheet on it's base.It means to have a total measurement of 11+11+11+11 (+2)which further we are going to fold each at11cm.But also keep 2cm more.That we aaded 2cm in above measurements will be folded and used to to stick side to each other.]Now decide the height of LED lamp you want.Mark that height on white paper sheet(Here I took 30cm).Also we have to make the top surface of the body.Make a marking of 11×11cm square for preparing top and at it's sides leave some space which will help you to stick the top with the help of GLUE to the body.
Step 2: To Create Pattern on White Sheet , Fold It and Stick It.
Now it's time to show your creativity.Take that white paper sheet and make your favourite pattern as per your convenience.Draw various shapes that you what they may be geometric,alphabets,numbers,logo,
etc.Here I have used geometric pattern.
Now with the help of cutter cut the pattern you have created on the white paper sheet.Cut it carefully.Fold it and stick it with GLUE.
TIP - MAKE SURE RIB'S ARE MORE STIFF (I USED 5 MM BROAD RIBS BETWEEN TWO CUT-OUTS )
Step 3: To Fix Silver Cardboard at Base With Help of GLUE.
- Take a silver cardboard.Now mark the measurement of each side of box same as we marked on white paper sheet.(Here I took each side of 11 cm).
- Let the length of each silver cardboard be 11 cm and width be 5 cm. With the help of GLUE stick/fix the silver cardboard strips at the bottom of the body.
- These silver strips help to strengthen (lowers the center of gravity ) the base and to reflect light more efficiently as well as to prevent light leakage from base because its RBG strip; to create colour each led need to glow with different brightness....
Step 4: Attaching LED Lighting With Help of Double-sided Tape on Bottle.
- Take LED lighting and bottle.
- Then with the help of double sided tape stick it around the bottle in circular manner.
Step 5: Attaching Cardboard.
- Take the lamp body and paste the cardboard at it's back side with the help of glue,which will strengthen the body from the backside.And it will help us to hold the fan properly. (we are going to use screw so we need thick cardboard )
- Make two holes in the cardboard.From one hole we will fit the fan with the help of screw and another will help to take out the wire connected to fan through it.Make sure that wire hole should not be visible for good looking project
Step 6: Fixing of CPU Fan Inside Lamp Body. _(IF YOU WANT TO ADD !!!!!!!)
IF YOU WANT TO ADD !!!!!!!
- Take CPU fan and insert it inside the body of lamp.
- Now take a screw and fix that fan into the cardboard from one hole.Also use double-sided tape to attach the fan from inside.
- Pass the wire of the fan through the another hole, we have made just below the other.we fixed this using only one screw because we want to tilt it little bit.
Step 7: Assembling LED Adapter and IR Sensor.
- Take the flat square box and fix the bottle on which LED lighting has been installed. Fix that bottle on box with help Double-sided tape.
- Place double sided tape on the adapter and stick it at backside of the box.
- Take lamp body to which now the CPU fan is attached.Place that lamp on the square box with the help of glue.
Now power your lamp and enjoy!!
Participated in the
Glue & Tape Speed Challenge