Introduction: Sago/sabudana Khichadi - a One Pot Meal
Sabudana or you can say sago are cooked with potatoes and crushed peanuts, it is usually made during fasting days
It is the most popular snack recipe for vrat (fasting ) in India.
To make sabudana khichadi perfect you need to keep few points in your mind first you need to soak sabudana in right proportion (Eg.: 1cup sabudana : soak in a 1 cup of water for 5-6 hr.)
Sago/sabudana is nearly pure carbohydrate and has very little protein, vitamins, or minerals. The addition of peanuts to sabudana khichadi adds to the protein content, making it a more balanced meal. It has a high calorific content, due to the quantity of starch and fat present.
1. 1 cup sago/ sabudana soaked
2. ½ cup roasted peanuts
3. 2 small to medium size potatoes
4. 8/10 curry leaves / kadi patta
5. 2-3 green chili chopped
6. 1 tsp cumin/jeera
7. 1 tsp coriander powder
8. 1 tsp red chili powder
9. 1 tsp sugar
10. 1tsp lemon juice
11. Rock salt as required
12. 5-6 tsp ghee
13. Coriander leaves finely chopped
1. First wash sabudana 2-3 times and then soak in 1 cup water for 5-6 hr (Always use proportion 1:1 Eg. If you take 1 cup of sabudana than soak in a 1 cup of water)
2. Take2-3 green chillies remove stem and tan chop finely.
3. Peel and wash potato and then cut into cubes
4. In a pan dry roast peanuts till browned and when cooled peel off skin and then grind coarsely.
5. In a mixing bowl add soak sabudana ,coarsely peanuts, rock salt , curry leaves and sugar and mix well and keep aside
6. Now heat ghee in a deep pan and when ghee is heat up add cumin and leave it till crackle and then add chopped green chilies and cut potato and sauté till the potatoes are cooked.
7. Now add red chili powder , coriander powder and stir well for 1-2 minutes
8. Add sabudana mixture and keep on stirring the mixture for 5-6 minutes.
9. Lastly add lemon juice (Optional) mix well and close the fire.
10. Serve hot with cold tadka fry curd/ dahi
Participated in the
One Pot Meals Challenge