Introduction: Simple Workshop Lamp
A few days ago, I transfers my workshop to an underground room where I can work freely away from the noise and I have a good space to settle my tools and start working, but this room needs a light where underground there is darkness so I decided to make a Simple Workshop Lamp that makes the indoor of my room bright, and I've added a phone holder that helps me record my Instructables.
- camera holder or phone holder
Step 1: Measurements
measure 4 pieces, one of length 15 cm and width 9cm and another of length 20cm and width 9cm, then measure two pieces of length 10cm and width 6cm using a pencil and ruler.
Step 2: Saw
Saw the 4 pieces of wood by referring to the measurements using a wood saw.
Step 3: Drilling
- Drill the two identical pieces in the middle of the terminal of the wood,
- Then drill the two other pieces at the center of both sides of each piece.
Step 4: Set the Base of the Lamp
- Mark using a pencil the screw holes of the lamp base on the lower wooden piece with the length of 20 cm.
- Drill 4 holes in the lower piece, two holes for the screws of the base and two holes for the wires of the lamp.
Step 5: Wiring
Wire the poles of the base of the lamp after passing the wires separately from the holes of the wooden piece and then insulate them with electric scotch.
Step 6: Test the Lamp
After fixing the lamp with screws and wiring it, test it before fixing it to the ceiling.
Step 7: Fix the Phone Holder
Using a screw fix the phone holder that you can get it from any tripod and fix a it using a screw to the lower wooden piece.
Step 8: Drill the Ceiling
Using a 1cm drill bit drill a hole in the ceiling in a place proper to your work where it gives a bright light while working.
Step 9: Fix in the Ceiling
Place a plastic screw fitter to the hole and then screw through the upper wooden part of length 15cm and fix it to the ceiling.
Step 10: Assembling
Assemble all the parts together by screwing the side pieces to the lower part.
Step 11: Final Assembly
Fix the whole parts to the upper part on the ceiling and screw it.
Step 12: Position It
- try to find the perfect place of it that gives a great brightness to the workshop.
- Fix your phone to the holder and try to record.
Step 13: Final View
Participated in the
Indoor Lighting Contest