Introduction: S'mores Grilled Cheese
These ooey gooey S'mores Grilled Cheese sandwiches are just the indulgent pick-me-up you need for fall!
A crunchy and delectable graham cracker-coated crust, oozing with warm melted Nutella, finger-licking Marshmallow Fluff, and a perfectly tangy surprise of Mascarpone cheese -- these sandwiches will make you wish fall would last forever (if you didn't wish that already!).
Step 1: What You'll Need
For these amazing S'mores Grilled Cheese sandwiches, you will need:
- Bread (any bread of your choice)
- Graham Crackers (I chose "Honey" flavored, but you can choose your favorite flavor)
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Mascarpone cheese (if your store doesn't have it, use whipped cream cheese. I tried both with success!)
Additionally, you will need these supplies:
- Sandwich or Gallon baggies and a metal spoon for mashing the graham crackers (or use a food processor, but where's the fun in that?)
- A griddle, or skillet on the stove
Step 2: Crush the Graham Crackers
Before you begin making your S'mores Grilled Cheese, preheat your skillet or griddle to a Medium heat.
Next, you need to crush the graham crackers into a finer powder. You can use a food processor for this, and it will make it super fast and easy. But seeing as S'mores are a campfire favorite and are usually done 'the old fashioned way,' I went with the baggie and metal spoon approach to smash them.
Empty the crumbs out onto a flat plate in a single layer, and use your hands to crush any large graham cracker pieces that are remaining.
Step 3: Coat the Bread
Apply a decent layer of butter to one side of the first piece of bread. Make sure you get out to all the edges!
Flip the bread over, butter-side-down into the graham cracker crumbs and gently press the bread down. Make sure the crumbs coat the entire piece.
Repeat for the second piece of bread.
Step 4: Add the Deliciousness!
The pictures will show my first attempt (and a possible, albeit way more messy, approach), but I would suggest adding the delicious insides in this order:
- On the back of one of the pieces of graham cracker-coated bread, add a full layer of Nutella.
- On the same side and same piece as the Nutella layer, add the Mascarpone cheese.
- On the back of the second piece of graham cracker-coated bread, add a full layer of Marshmallow Fluff.
Step 5: Get to Grilling!
Mush the two pieces of bread together filling-side-in and graham-cracker-side-out.
Grill each side of the sandwich on Medium heat for about 2-3 minutes (for a total of about 4-6 minutes of cooking per sandwich).
Be sure to make more than one -- the delicious smell of S'mores fluttering through the house will bring EVERYONE in to get some!
Step 6: Down 'Em!
Is your mouth watering yet!?
It's time to DOWN THESE SCRUMPTIOUS SANDWICHES!!
Ooooohhhhh, these are soooooooo good!!!!
Try them for yourself! -- You can't eat the pictures. ;)
Runner Up in the
Sandwich Challenge 2020