Introduction: Spa Day Box
Welcome to the Instructable for the Spa Day Box! In this Instructable you will learn how to make 3 organic recipes for beauty treatments you can make from things you already have in your kitchen! These products will with nourish, exfoliate, and moisturize your skin, and all this in a little box with a bow around it!
• A Tupperware container with four different sections (I got mine at Target)
• Ribbon in a color of your choice
• 1 cucumber
• 1 small potato
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1/3 cup of sugar
•1/2 hot water
•1/3 cup oatmeal
•2 tablespoons plain yogurt
•2 tablespoons honey
•1 egg white
Step 1: Hand Mask: to Moisturize Dry Hands
- Place one small potato into a small sauce pan and fill with water until it covers the potato. Remove the potato from the water and let it cool until you can touch it comfortably.
- Place the potato in a small bowl and begin to mash it.
- Mash until there is still chunks, then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and continue mashing until smooth.
- Put mixture in the smaller quadrant.
Step 2: Face Mask: to Leave Skin Glowing
- Add hot (but not boiling) water a bowl of plain organic rolled oats and let sit for three minutes.
- Mix in two tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Mix in two tablespoons of honey.
- Crack an egg into another bowl and separate the yolk from the white.
- Mix in the egg white.
- Put mixture in the largest compartment of the Tupperware.
Step 3: Lip Scrub: to Exfoliate Dry Lips
- Microwave 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Add to a bowl with 1/3 cup of sugar and stir.
- Mix in 1/2 a teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- Put mixture in the a small section of the Tupperware.
Step 4: Finishing Touches
As a final touch, slice up a cucumber into rounds, and put the slices in the smallest compartments of the Tupperware, for me it was a removable add on.
Now you have an assortment of homemade organic beauty necessities that you can use to treat yourself, or print off the direction sheet and wrap it in a bow to give Spa Day Box as a gift!
(If you are not using or giving directly after making it, store it in the refrigerator.)