Introduction: Stick Cabin
A fun and simple project you can make with things you can find around the house (or at a park). I call it a Stick Cabin since it is made from sticks (not logs!)
Step 1: Step 1: Gather Supplies
- A piece of cardboard (you want something sturdy to build your project on)
- Straight sticks (cut to about the same length and close to the same thickness)
- Popcicle sticks (for the roof)
- Hot glue gun & glue (makes it fast & easy)
Step 2: Step 2: Building the Walls....
- Begin gluing your pieces (like Lincoln Logs) in a back and forth, overlapping manner.
- Leave a gap for a door and a window. When you make the door opening - use some short pieces to keep the logs spaced about the same.
Step 3: Step 3: Making the Roof Slant
For the roof plant, keep the short wall the same space (lined up with the "logs" beneath) but bring the long length "logs" in towards the middle - shortening the distance with each log - until you get 1 log on the top.
Step 4: Step 4: Use Popsicle Sticks to Make the Roof
Running from the roof center, glue the sticks side by side to create a roof.
Though I did not do it here, you can either use packed mud or caulking to create the chinking between the logs.
That is all! Super easy and lots of fun!
Participated in the
Design For Kids Challenge