Introduction: Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie (GF)
If you like this video and this recipes, it'd be super cool if you could subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Darnyouglutenfood
Step 1: How To
1. Start by preparing the ingredients: mince the garlic, slice the mushrooms, dice the carrots, chop up the potatoes, slice the courgette (zucchini) and grate the cheese
2. In bowl, mix the mince and the spices together to infuse it with all the delicious flavours.
3. Mash the potatoes - and sweet potatoes - with the nutritional yeast and milk (cream and butter will make it creamier and smoother). You can even add an egg if you want it to be extra decadent.
4. Place the courgette in a single layer on a plate, sprinkle with celery salt and pepper and microwave for 1 minute.
5. Mix the tomato purée and the boiling water together to form a sauce.
6. Toss the garlic in a wok, add the meat and cook till slightly browned. Add the mushrooms, and when they turn golden add the carrots and the tomato-liquid.
7. In a large, oven safe, dish spread a thin smooth layer or mash. This will soak up any extra sauce from the next layers. Pour the meat and vegetable mix over the mash, trying to get it as even as possible. Layer the courgette on top and finally, spread the rest of the mash over the courgette. Always make sure to get the mixture into the edges and corners, and make it as smooth as possible. You can then 'ruffle' the top with a fork if you're feeling fancy.
8. Sprinkle cheese on top and pop in the oven, preheated to 180C for 20 minutes.
9. Add the last layer of mozzarella cheese, and put back in the oven until melted and generally delicious looking (and smelling).
10. Revel in cheesy goodness. You will not be able to get enough of this!
Step 2: Enjoy
The weather has suddenly gone very cold here in Holland! My hands and feet feel like they're going to fall off they're so frozen! So what better than a delicious warm and comforting meal to light that inner fire? Plus it contains plenty of veggies and nutrients so get your body ready to fight off any infections that usually come with winter.
I've made this so many times and it always get gobbled up really quickly. It's like magic, one minute it's there and the next it's gone! *Poof* But the good thing is you can easily just make big batches, so it's perfect for dinner parties.
Stay healthy, keep warm, be happy :) x
Runner Up in the
Host with the Most Challenge