Introduction: Tandyr Meat Steaks and Potato Combo
Combo family dinner.
Meat and potatoes cooked in tandyr (something like tandoori oven).
- Any meat you want (chicken, beef, pork etc.) We had pork tenderlion
- Pork belly fat (bacon)
- Sunflower oil (or olive oil if you prefer)
- Soy sauce
- Spices (what ever you get used to) We used black pepper, turmeric, some herbs
Extra: Foil for potato
Step 1: Step 1: Meat Marination
Cut the meat in pieces.
For meat marination you can use any spices (only salt and black pepper can be used also).
We used turmeric, black pepper and some herbs.
Cut the onion into the rings. Mix meat and onion in a big bowl, add spices, soy sauce, salt and put it in the fridge (for two hours at least). You can put meat with spices and onion by layers.
Step 2: Step 2: Tandyr Ignition
It will take time to make tandyr cooks (As alternative you can use grill, BBQ...whatever you have in the yard)
And as for home tandyr ( usualy made from clay) you need to start a fire.
At first hoe tandyr is black inside (it means its cold).
Whan the wood is burnt tandyr will be gray inside (it means tandyr got the necessary amount of heat and you can start cook).
Send the marinated meat directry to tandyr :)
Step 3: Step 3: Potato Preparation
- Take pork belly fat (bacon) and cut into slices
- Peel potatoes and cut in halves
- Take a piece of foil, put a lil bit of oil there
- Put the slice of bacon between two potato halves and wrap it in the foil well
- Repeat with each popato
- Now potatoes ready for tandyr
So we put meat and potatoes in tandyr together almost in the same time.
Now wait for about 40 mins. (or you can take meat earlier...it depends on youк roasting meat taste)
Step 4: Step 4: Dinner Is Served!
Combo family dinner is ready! Add some fresh vegetables and enjoy your food! :)
Hope you like it)
Participated in the