Introduction: Terrace Enlightenment Corner Nest
- In USA, people have backyards, but here in India, we have terrace!
- A terrace is a place where family bonding takes place, be it BBQ party or a Meditation get together.
- We had a corner which was a bit unused so I thought to convert it into an Enlightenment Corner Nest with creeper plants climbing to give it a good vibe.
Step 1: Planning
- I placed the bricks and the ladder to see how it will look
Step 2: Placing the 1st Layer of Bricks
- Bricks were placed of the 1st layer
Step 3: Cement, Sand, Water
- To get the best result we must mix cement, sand and water in the proportion of 1:3:1
- This proportion gives the best addition property, so that bricks can join together.
Step 4: 1st Layer With Cement
- Now you would ask why I am making the base in such design. The reason is at the end of the base there is a drain from where all the water from the terrace goes out.
- I put some amount of the mixture and put the brick over it, then put another layer of the mixture and joined the other brick to it.
Step 5: 2nd Layer of Base
- Similar to the 1st layer the 2nd layer should also be done one above the another
Step 6: Ladder
- I used an old bamboo ladder
- I painted it black so that it looks attractive
Step 7: Ladder and the Base
- After completing the ladder, I placed the ladder in the position
- I used the cement, sand, water mixture to attach the ladder with the base.
Step 8: Top Layer or the Cover
- I placed a stone slab over the 2nd layer
- After placing the Slab, I put the cement mixture on it.
- I have included a video of that.
Step 10: Conclution
- After completing it I planted creeper plants near it and waited till it grows fully
- This Corner is the best place to do a get-together, doing meditation etc.
Participated in the
Stone, Concrete, Cement Challenge