Introduction: The Carrot Delight
Hello everyone! I know that this theme is very special and that is why I’m going to bake a pumpkin cake, but it’s not just any cake it’s: The Carrot Delight.
This cake looks like a pumpkin cake but it’s actually a carrot cake! It’s very easy to bake and I’m sure that everyone who will bake this will enjoy the results of it!
In this instruct able, I will be sharing the recipe on how to make this cake.
Step 1: Ingredients
For this recipe you will need:
- Flour -236mL (1 cup) all purpose flour
- Vanilla extract -1 tsp
- Eggs 3-4 eggs
- Vegetable oil -118mL
- Sugar -236mL
- 5 Carrots -1½ cup (grated carrots)
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1tsp
- Halved pecans
Step 2: Tools/Untensils
The tools you would need for this cake are:
- Cake blender
- Measuring cups
- Spoons/wooden spoons
- Rubber spatula
- Rectangular/circular pan
- Baking sheets/parchment paper
- Grater (for carrots)
You can add more utensils to bake if you want.
Step 3: Preheating+Gathering Supplies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
After doing that, gather all of your things up in order to start baking your carrot cake.
Step 4: Adding Non-dry Ingredients+Carrots
2. Secondly, add all of your non-dry ingredients (eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla extract) to a mixing bowl and beat using hand mixture or cake blender.
You should beat for at least 2-4 minutes. If your using a cake blender then set the timer to 3-5 minutes.
After that, grate your carrots then after grating your carrots add your carrots to the mixture.
Step 5: Adding Dry Ingredients
3. After doing all of that, add all of your dry ingredients to the mixture (flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder) in a separate bowl before mixing.
Make sure to sift the flour very nicely.
Step 6: Mixing Everything+Putting in Oven
4. Next, mix all the ingredients together and beat until the batter is nicely mixed and smooth.
When that is done, grab your pan and place the parchment paper on the bottom of the pan and carefully transfer the mixture to it.
Now place the pan in the oven in order for the cake to bake.
Let the cake bake for at least 40-45 minutes minimum. Maximum 50 minutes.
Step 7: Checking
5. Now that it's been 40-45 minutes, you should get a toothpick and stick it in the cake to check if it's completely done.
If the toothpick comes back out with a little bit of cake on it that means it's not completely done.
If the toothpick comes out without any cake on it that means that the cake is completely done and is ready to be taken out of the oven.
Step 8: Cooling+Decorations
6. Now that you have taken the cake out of the oven, let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
After the cake is done cooling down, it's time to add your decorations! Such as, frosting, icing, sprinkles etc.
The decorations are optional but I just added them because the cake looks nicer with decorations in my opinion.
Voila! Now your cake is completely done!