Introduction: Vegetable Stuffed Bun
It is super delicious snacks. You can feel the veggie fillings in each and every bite of it. Making the stuffed bun is very simple. Here i followed the vegetarian filling, you can replace the fillings with your favourite Ingredients. Hope you all will like this :)
Step 1: Ingredients
2 cups of all purpose flour/ Maida
3/4 tbsp of active dry yeast
1 tbsp of sugar
1/2 cup of warm milk
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of butter
1 tsp of Salt
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1 chopped onion
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp of chilli powder
1 tsp of fennel seeds
1/8 tsp of turmeric powder
2 tbsp of chopped cilantro
salt to taste
Step 2: Making of Veggie Stuffed Bun
1. Boil the potatoes and set aside.
2. In a small bowl add warm milk, sugar, salt and yeast. stir until the sugar and yeast dissolves and rest for 10 minutes.
3. Take a large bowl, add all purpose flour, yeast mixture and knead for few minutes.
4. Add little water to make the dough right consistency. Finally add oil and knead well.
5. Close the dough with plastic wrap/ lid. Rest for 1 hour.
6. Peel the outer skin of the potatoes and mash it with fork.
7. Heat oil in pan, add fennel seeds and onion, saute till it transparent.
8. Add ginger garlic paste and peas, saute for few minutes.
9. Add mashed potatoes chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix thoroughly. Close the lid and cook until raw smell goes away.
10. Turn of the flame, add cilantro and let it cool for sometime.
11. After an hour, the dough should doubled the size. Knead it again using oil.
12. Divide the dough into 7 equal parts and roll into balls.
13. Line the baking tray with baking sheets.
14. Take a one ball and make it like small disc, Place a 2 tbsp of stuffing in the centre and bring the edges to seal.
15. Place the bun in baking tray and repeat the process for the rest of the dough.
16. Brush the bun with butter and cover it with lid / plastic wrap, let it sit for few minutes.
17. Preheat oven to 200 deg C and bake the buns for 18 to 22 minutes or until it turns golden brown color. ( mine took 19 minutes)
18. Brush butter on top of the buns and serve warm with coffee / tea.
Step 3: Vegetable Stuffed Bun Is Ready to Serve!
Participated in the
Summer #mikehacks Contest