I was browsing instructables news feed some days ago when i came across this Project.
It was a cool project. But i thought Why not build it with a Bluetooth instead of complicated wifi stuff.
Specification of this Bluetooth Call Notifier
- Glows green on Incoming Call.
- Its easy to make
- works on Bluetooth, therefore phone can be charging while a call comes we wont miss to notice it .
- Color can be changed on will
- Glows red on Missed call
What motivated Me to make this
Basically when i work i keep my phone silent most time to avoid distraction , but since it silent i don't notice the calls that i missed,some of them are important.so after seeing the project i was inspired to make one for me but better and cheap.
Also like my page for support
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Lets Collect the Parts We Need at First
Step 2: Electronics
The Circuit Diagram is very simple to understand.
The Bluetooth module serially communicates with the arduino and then tells it what is the data received.
For a incoming call we receive 'C'
For a missed call we receive 'M'
According to the data received the arduino fades the green and red lights.
The RGB can be changed with a red and green led also.
Note:I used Common cathode RGB so the program given here needs slight changes if you use common cathode and before burining the program make sure the arduino's rx and tx are disconnected from the bluetooths ones.
Step 3: Installing the App
Download the app from this link.
Steps to Install the App.
- Go to settings.
- Go to security
- Turn on Unknown Sources.
- Click on the file.
How to use the App.
- Click On Connect Button.
- Choose the HC-05 Module.
- Enjoy the Show :P
Step 4: Creating the Case
- I started by drawing a template on the Art paper.i selected 50mm square cube for the job.
- I made the cube with downside hollow.
- Then using a Xacto Knife i cut the template.
- then i joined all the side except the top layer
- I drew the clip-art i downloaded on the top layer.
- Again Using the Xacto knife i cut the Clip-Art
- Then i take a tracing paper and trace the template all on it.
- I cut the tracing paper and paste it to top side from inside.
- Lastly i joined the last surface and complete the Cube
Step 5: The Last Step
Simply Put the case over the LED And enjoy.
Future Up gradation.
I am Trying to bring A priority mode. And Making it in a Compact space.
If You like it Please Vote for me and Follow me .