Crape Jasmine, otherwise known as Pinwheel flower, East India Rosebay is a medicinal plant grown in Asian Countries. The flower, leaves, sap and roots are all contain medicinal properties and used in controlling various ailments.
In this instructable we will see how to prepare a decoction from the leaves and use it to control Hypertension.
Step 1: Plant Details
The Crape jasmine plant is known by its Botanical name 'Tabernaemontana Divaricata' from 'Apocynaceae' family. It is known in Tamil as 'Nandiyar Vattai'
The plant grows to about 4 to 5 feet in height with shiny leaves and white flowers.
Step 2: Collect Leaves
- Collect 4 to 5 fresh leaves from the plant and rinse them in clean water
- Cut the leaves into small pieces and keep aside
Step 3: Other Ingredients
- 4 to 5 Garlic cloves
- A teaspoon of Cumin seeds
- Half a teaspoon of Black Peppercorns
- Crush all these ingredients using a Mortar & Pestle and keep aside
Step 4: Boil the Ingredients
- Boil about 250 ml of water in a bowl and add the cut leaves it it
- Add the crushed ingredients to water and keep on low to medium flame
- Continue boiling till the water is reduced to about 100 to 120 ml
Step 5: Filter the Decociton
- Using a tea filter, filter out the decoction from the pan to another vessel
- You can discard the remains
Step 6: How to Consume
Mix about 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey with the decoction and stir well
Take about 30 ml of these decoction twice a day, morning and evening. This decoction from Crape Jasmine will help in controlling Hypertension. If you are feeling any uneasiness while taking this decoction then discontinue
We are growing this plant at our home and use the leaves and flowers from time to time
You can also find lot of information about this plant online. Few examples are as under