Introduction: DIY Baker's Gift Box
This is a very cute gift to give to all the beginner bakers in your life!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need
For the box:
- old box (I used the box that my phone came in)
- acrylic paints in white and gold
- pencil and a black marker
To put inside the box:
-cupcake liners, etc.
These are just some ideas. You could even throw in extracts, sprinkles, chocolate chips, a cookbook, baking class tickets, etc. This is very customisable!
Step 2: Prepare the Box
1. Punch four holes (two on each flap) 2 inches away from either end of the box. The ribbon will go through this and help you close the box.
2. Scrape away any labels with the xacto knife. Paint the box with white acrylic paint and a flat paint brush. Make sure that some of the box is peeking through the paint, so that it has a wooden finish. Let this coat dry.
3. Once the white paint has dried, draw your design with a pencil. Paint that with gold acrylic paint. Let it dry, then draw an outline with a black marker.
Step 3: Finishing the Box
1. Fill your box with all the baking goodies.
2. Insert the ribbon through the holes, then bring back the ribbon through the loop to tie it shut.