Intro: Double Bud Earrings
- antique bronze ball chain, cut into 2-3 inch sections
- 4 crimp-on ends, 2.5 mm
- 2 antique brass 3-loop blossom end bars
- 4 antique brass tiny petal bead caps
- 6-8 mm glass beads Czech glass beads
- 4 antique brass oval jump rings, 3x4 mm
- 2 antique brass extra thick head pins
- 2 antique brass lever back ear wires
- 2” non-tarnish antique brass wire, 20 gauge
- Chain nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Round nose pliers
Click Here for a printable version of this tutorial
Step 1: Crimp Ball Chain and Attach to End Bar
Using your chain nose pliers form a crimp-on end around the ball at the end of one chain section. Repeat on other end of the chain section with a second crimp-on end. Using your chain nose pliers, attach the chain section to both of the outer rings on the blossom end bar with oval jump rings.
Step 2: Create and Attach Czech Bead Dangles
Thread a head pin through the larger end of a ruby claret drop and then through a bead cap. Using your round nose pliers to loop the head pin to create a bead dangle. Use your chain nose pliers to open the loop on this bead dangle and attach it to the center ring on the blossom end bar.
Step 3: Connect End Bar to Ear Wire
Thread the 20 gauge wire through the larger end of the ruby claret drop and then through a bead cap. Using your round nose pliers loop the wire at each end to create a bed link. Using your chain nose pliers attach this link to the top of the blossom end bar. Using your chain nose pliers, attach the remaining loop on the link to a lever back.
Step 4: Repeat
Repeat to create the second earring.