Introduction: Ginger Ale Soda Stream Syrup!
I own a SodaStream soda maker. I have always loved the machine and liked the fact that it was better for the environment which I care so much for. When I was out of the syrup to make a soda and went to buy more. The Ginger Ale syrup I was getting was 5 dollars and even though that not much money for about 50 cups I decided to make a cheaper soda syrup that might even be healthier.
1. SodaStream soda maker
2. Maple Syrup
4. Ginger powder
5. Cinnamon powder
8. Vanilla Extract
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Starting Point
First grab a water bottle or mason jar with a lid. Pour 1 cup of maple syrup into your jar. The maple syrup adds the starting point for your syrup to come together in. The syrup also helps to flavor the soda. Next pour 1 cup of water into the container. Close your container and shake well.
Step 2: Flavors
And now it is time for flavoring.
1. Add 1 Tablespoon of ginger powder to the maple syrup and water (the ginger is certainly the most important part).
2. Add 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the mixture.
3. Add 1/4 a Teaspoon of vanilla extract.
4. Add just a tad bit of pepper. (The pepper adds a nice bite but is not necessary.)
5. Squeeze in 1 whole lemon.
6. Add 7-8 Tablespoons of sugar. (I did Tablespoons so that I could add one or two more without drastically changing the flavor.)
Step 3: End
You now have a cheaper SodaStream syrup that is better for the environment and healthier for you. Enjoy a refreshing glass of ginger ale.