her I´ve a small instructable about a very young honey/applewine. Start on wednesday and enjoy on weekend. A very delicios, refreshing, sweet, honeyflavored sparkling drink. I do not have make a measure from the grade of alcohol is inside. I thing it must be near on the grade of beer --> 3 l and I begun to feel me happy :-)
You need this:
3 l of unfiltered apple juice
1 small spoon of wine yeast
1/2 Kg of honey
A bottle for fermenting
A plug useble for fermenting
Small tip: You do not must flavor it with honey. For example, some syrup form hollander blossom are very well!
Much fun at make Your own Speedciders.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: The Start
Bring it on:
- Fill one liter of Your juice in the bottle, it is important that You use unfiltered juice, because the cloudening material helps the yeast at the fermentation
- Rehydrate Your yeast like the instruction
- Bring it together
- Close ist with fermentationplug
Step 2: After Day One
The yeast have start with theire work. You can see the bubbles on the top. It fermented the sugar from the juice to carbonic acid and alcohol-->yummy
- Bring the next juice to the yeast, because Your small friends are very hungry
Step 3: Infusion Time
After two additional days the fermentation is coming to an end. The sugar are already converted to alcohol an gas. This is the time to flavor your cider.
- Infuse the bottle with the honey.
- Wait one addional day, the yeast start again with the fermentation. In this time the sugar from the honey.
Step 4: Fill It to a Usable Pot
You can use bottles ore small barrels. Important that You do not close it complitly all the time, because the yeast is allready living and still at work. You do not will have to much pressure on your bottles. When you think it is to sour you can sweeten it with some additional honey.
- Be carefull at filling, when You are to brutally You will cast the carbonic acid out.
- After cooling down your drink it is ready to consume
It possible to make some more generations of this drink. When do You have a rest can give it some new juice to start the process with a new cicle at step two.
Step 5: Enjoy
I love my speed-ciders on hot days and warm evening on the summer.
Participated in the
Made By Bees Contest