Introduction: How to Make Vegan Coconut Salted Caramel
Check out the printable recipe here: http://vegetarianbaker.com/vegan-coco...
Thanks to many of you requesting me to make a vegan version of my Salted Caramel Sauce recipe, here's my recipe for Vegan Coconut Salted Caramel. It goes great on ice cream, yogurt, and even on a vegan s'mores. I hope you all really enjoy this recipe. If you have another recipe you would like to see vegan, let me know in the comments below. Let me know of what you think of this recipe on via twitter or instagram (@jacstjohn & #thevegetarianbaker)
- 1 Cup Vegan Coconut Yogurt (Or Coconut Cream)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- In a small sauce pan, combine coconut yogurt (or cream), coconut oil, and coconut sugar. Mix on medium heat until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer and leave it there for 5 minutes. (Should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).
- Remove from heat and stir in the sea salt.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes before putting into a glass jar.
- Enjoy over some ice cream, yogurt, or on anything you would put sauce on.