What do you use plastic jars for? Storing grains and other ingredients? Today, let's use it in a different way, by making something unique out of it. Yes, the plastic jars in your house can also be converted into a beautiful jewelry organizer for keeping them properly stored and handy.
So, are you ready to make a personal jewelry organizer from a plastic jar? Here are the steps you need to follow.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Need
- Plastic bottle jar
- Color sheets and glitter sheets
- Rubber and beads
- Stone lace and buttons
- Cutter, marker,and glue
When you are ready with the list of things, here is what you need to do with them.
Step 2: Let's Take a Plastic Bottle Jar!
- First of all, take a plastic bottle jar. Using a cutter, cut the base and the neck portion of the jar leaving only the middle portion with you.
Step 3: Let's Cut the Cardboard Circle!
- Take a cardboard and using the neck portion of the jar, draw a circle with the outer edge. Cut out the circle using a cutter. Cut two more circles similarly.
Step 4: Let's Make Marking on the Bottle!
- Take a marker and mark the bottle plastic jar in the center. Again, make two more marks half an inch apart from the center mark. Similarly, make a mark on both the ends around a half inch from the edge. Flatten the plastic bottle a little and make two windows from the marked lines for giving the organizer openings.
- Using a cutter, cut the marked lines giving the jar opening windows. Make sure you don’t cut the plastic sheet entirely.
Step 5: Let's Wrap the Circle With Color Paper!
- Now take some color sheets and the cardboard circles. Cover the cardboard circles using the color papers. Apply glue on the center of the plastic bottle jar and stick the cardboard in the center properly to divide the jar into two parts.
Step 6: Let's Cover the Plastic Jar!
- Now take the color paper and cover the plastic jar from inside using some glue. Make sure you cut out the color sheet from the windows of the organizer. Cover the other side too with the color paper. Also, cover the opening of the jar using color paper.
Step 7: Let's Fix Circular Cardboard!
- Now take the remaining circular cardboards and stick them on the sides of the plastic jar to close the organizer.
Step 8: Let's Cover the Craft With Glitter Sheet!
- Now take a glitter sheet. Cover the outer side of the plastic organizer using the glitter sheet. Also, cover the windows or opening of the jar or organizer with the glitter sheet.
Step 9: Let's Fix Rubber Band & Beads!
- Now take two rubber bands and some beads. Make a hole using a pointer on the window and insert the rubber through it. Similarly, using a wire fix a bead on the opposite side of the rubber to make a closing for the organizer. Repeat the same process with the other window and make an opening for it too.
Step 10: Let's Stick Beads at the Bottom!
- Now take 4 beads and stick them on the lower side of the plastic bottle jar to give it a stand.
Step 11: Let's Decorate the Organizer!
- For decorating the organizer, take a stone lace and some buttons. Using the stone lace, cover the borders of the windows by sticking them. Also, cover the sides of the organizer using the stone lace. Stick the buttons on the rubber for a decorative look.
Step 12: Conclusion
- Your decorative jewelry organizer is here to use made out of plastic bottle jar. You can give the organizer dual color decorations or single color too. The organizer can also be carried out stations as it would easily enter your bags occupying a very small space. So, have you made your organizer? Mention your designs in the comments below.