Handbags are utility bags and you can keep a lot of essential stuff inside it. It is one of the favourite shopping things for women and they like to carry different designs of handbag matching their attire.
Here we are going to make an innovative newspaper handbag that is easy to carry and looks beautiful as well. This newspaper handbag is very strong and easy to make.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things Needed to Make an Innovative Handbag
- Paint Brush
- Glue Gun & Stick
- Decorative Stones & Pearls
Step 2: Let's Make Paper Sticks & Make Designs!
- Take a newspaper and cut the long strips of it.
- Take a straw and start to roll the strip from one corner using it to make a stick. We need multiple such paper sticks.
- Start rolling the paper stick and apply glue to it.
- Use your fingers to give it a square shape.
- Continue the process by fixing another stick into the previous one to make a square shape.
- Take the paper sticks and roll the sticks to make a coil. We need multiple such coils.
- Now paste these coils on the square shape.
- Paste paper sticks around the coils.
Step 3: Let's Make a Handle!
- To make the handle, take paper sticks and paste one stick to another in a rectangular shape.
- Paste the handle on the square shaped design.
- Spread adhesive on the entire design to make it tight. Let it dry completely.
Step 4: Let's Color the Craft!
- Now apply golden colour at the centre of the design.
- Continue with applying pink colour.
- Again apply the golden colours on the coils.
- Apply pink colour to the remaining outer portion.
- Apply green colour on the handle.
- Let it dry. We need two such pieces with the same colour combination.
Step 5: Let's Paste the Designs!
- Take a cloth, fold and paste the edges of the cloth using a glue gun.
- Now take two rectangular pieces, fold the cloth in a triangular shape and paste that rectangular shape on it. We will get a bag like a shape.
- Take the newspaper design and paste it on one side of the bag.
- Paste the other design on the backside of the bag to complete the design.
- Decorate the bag using decorative stones and pearls.
Wow!! Your beautiful newspaper bag is now ready.
Step 6: Conclusion
This is really a unique handbag and you can carry it with you wherever you go. You can also make these bags and gift it to your near and dear ones.
Hope you enjoyed making this craft. In case of any suggestion or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.
Participated in the
Trash to Treasure