The idea is to make a desk lamp out of the cardboard box that came with the purchase of a kids flat pack desk.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gathering the Pieces.
- Take the light fitting and cord out of the box.
- Remove all the pieces of the giraffe from the desk's box.
Step 2: Letting Your Kids Color Their Lamp.
Give the white pieces of the giraffe to your kids, and let them color it as they please.
Step 3: Assembeling the Lamp.
Once they're finished coloring you can assemble the lamp.
- Begin by bending all the support pieces.
- Then glue the supports to the giraffe's body and legs. Making sure to match the number and arrows on the giraffe to the numbers and arrows on the supports.
- Once everything is dry lay the electrical cord trough the notches.
- Ready for use!