Introduction: Limey Lemonade Without a Juicer
What's a better drink on a hot day than lemonade! This recipe is an easy one with immediate results. All you need is:
- one lemon
- one lime
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2.5 cups of cold water
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Squeeze With Ease
If you are like me and can't find your juicer, then use this easy trick to juice your lemon and lime.
- Peel out the inside of the fruit.
- Put the fruit middle in the blender and puree for about 30 seconds.
Step 2: Water and Sugar
In your blender:
- Add 2.5 cups of cold filtered water and add 1/4 cup of sugar as well.
- Have the blender mix the ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Let the mixture settle for about 5 minutes before going to the next step.
Step 3: Separate the Solids From the Liquids
So this set up will depend on what kind of colender you have. But basically you just:
- Put the colender on top of the final juice pitcher like the picture shows.
- Slowly pour the lemonade from the blender into the coldener which will go into the pitcher. Note: If you don't have a colender that rests stably on the lemonade pitcher, then you might want to have a helper hold the contraption in place while you pour.