Mixed fruit galette is one of the easiest things to bake! What is great about galette is that you can use any fruit you like (well, apart from bananas) and you don’t need any special skills to make it! It’s rustic, which also means it doesn’t have to look perfect but it still will taste amazing!
Enjoy our easy recipes!
Visit our new website: www.happyfoodstube.com
So lets get baking!
Step 1: Watch the Video for This Recipe:
Step 2: Ingredients:
500g (1.1lb) Mixed Fruit
200g (7oz) Shortcrust Pastry
100g (3.5oz) Caster Sugar
70g (2.5oz) Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
Egg wash (optional)
Step 3: Directions:
1. Wash, peel, core and dice the fruit.
2. In a pan, melt butter and sugar. Add the fruit and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for about 5 minutes. Turn off and let it cool.
3. Meanwhile: Roll out the pastry into a circle (if you want to have 2 small galettes, then divide the pastry before rolling into 2). Place it onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. To prevent the pastry from tearing, wrap it around your rolling pin and transfer onto the baking paper.
4. Place the fruit mix in the middle of the pastry (don’t allow much of the liquid onto the pastry – it might become soggy).
5. With your hands start folding the outer edges of your pastry towards the middle, make sure the pastry is overlapping the fruit filling. This is a rustic pie so it doesn’t matter how it looks as long as the edges are “closed” somehow.
6. Optional: brush the pastry edges with egg wash (egg or egg yolk, beaten with a bit of water).
7. Bake at 180C/350F for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
8. Serve with ice cream or sour cream!
Step 4: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube