Multi Seed Mouth Freshener & Digestive Aid (Mukhwas) is a colorful Indian after-meal snack or digestive aid. It is usually eaten after a meal to aid digestion and freshen the mouth. There are different varieties of Mouth fresheners (Mukhwas) most of them are made using fennel seeds, sesame seeds and coconut. Adding flax seeds makes it even more healthier.
Step 1: Ingredients
Step 2: Making Multi Seed Mouth Freshener & Digestive Aid (Mukhwas)
1) In a bowl, add the fennel seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, lemon juice, salt and mix well. Close it and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
2) Place a pan on low to medium heat, add the mixed seeds and roast it till it starts to splutter.
3) Switch off and transfer to a plate.
4) To the same pan, add the colored shredded coconut one by one and roast it till it becomes dry.
5) Finally add sugar, roasted shredded coconut and mix well and store in an air tight container.
Multi Seed Mouth Freshener & Digestive Aid (Mukhwas) is ready now !!!
Runner Up in the
Home Remedies Challenge 2016