Do you enjoy Nutella, chocolate, or Ferrero Rocher truffles?? If you do then this is the recipe for you!
This cupcake recipe not only is fluffy and rich, but there is a surprise hidden in the center...can you guess what it is? Watch the video recipe to find out! :)
For the cupcake batter~
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp softened unsalted butter at room temperature
- FERRERO ROCHER TRUFFLES
For the frosting~
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 heaping tbsp of granulated sugar
- GIANT SPOONFUL OF NUTELLA (OR MOREEEE) :)
For extra decoration~
- a little extra Nutella
- a few more Fererro Rocher truffles
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add granulated and brown sugar to dry mixture. Mix to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, or just in your measuring cup is fine (view video to see what I mean), whisk together wet ingredients: milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Back to the dry mixture, add in the softened butter and blend until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is distributed.
- Continue mixing. Add in the wet mixture to the dry slowly. Stir until well combined. (if doing this by hand) Switch over to a spatula to finish off the mixing so that you avoid over mixing the batter.
- Line your cupcake tin with some liners. Spray them with some non-stick cooking spray to ensure that the liners will peel away from your cupcakes easily.
- Using an ice cream scoop, transfer your batter to your cupcake liners.
- Here's the secret surprise....place a Ferrero Rocher truffle in the center of each cupcake!!
- Bake your cupcakes for 20 min. at 350F.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting add all frosting ingredients to a bowl and using an electric mixer whip until the Nutella whipped cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a round tip, a star tip would be lovely too, pipe onto your cooled cupcakes. Start from the outside and work your way to the top.
- To decorate some more add some more Nutella into a ziplock bag. Microwave for 15 seconds to loosen the Nutella. Snip a bit from the corner of your ziplock bag and pipe some more Nutella over the top of your cupcakes. The finishing touch...top it off with a final Ferrero Rocher!!
- Ta-daaaaaa you have finished making your cupcakes..Enjoy!! :)
Definitely give these Nutella Ferrero Rocher cupcakes a try. I promise you they.will.be.AMAZING!
For more awesome recipes like these subscribe to me on Youtube here =) :
Don't forget to check out the official Facebook page for the Sugar Crystal Kitchen ^_^ : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ5Jz8ATHoXGsgSQy...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Participated in the