Intro: Origami Flapping Swan
1. 8.5" x 11" piece of paper (any color)
Step 1: Prepare a Square Piece of Paper
1. Fold the paper diagonally from one corner.
2. With the scissors, cut along the vertical edge and remove the excess 2.5 " flap.
Step 2: Fold the Base
1. Open and fold in half diagonally to the other corner.
2. Open and flip paper over to other side.
3. Fold inhalf horizontally, open, then fold in half vertically.
The square piece of paper should have 4 crease lines (2 diagonally from one side of the paper, and 2 dividing the paper in quarters from the other side of the paper).
Step 3: Fold the Body
1. Lay the folded paper flat into a diamond shape.
2. Fold in the corner of one side diagonally in toward the center line so the closed, creased portion of the paper is on the top edge.
3. Repeat step two for the other corner on the same side.
4. Flip the paper over and repeat steps two and three, folding each corner in diagonally toward the center line.
Step 4: Fold the Wings
1. Open the top most flap and carefully fold backwards on itself, reversing the two diagonal creases made on each side.
2. Flip over the paper and repeat for the other flap.
Step 5: Fold the Head and Tail
1. Take one of the two pointed flaps at the bottom, open it slightly, and fold it upwardly inside on itself.
2. Crease the fold and repeat for the other side.
Step 6: Fold the Beak and Curl the Wings
1. Fold one of the upward pointing flaps about a third to half way from the pointed end, inside on itself forming the head and beak.
2. Curl each wing toward the beak with your finger.
Step 7: Flap the Wings
1. Hold the front with one hand, and pull the tail with your other hand to make the wings flap.
Enjoy your new Origami Flapping Swan