Have you ever been in a store and your phones run out of battery? Well now you don't have to worry about getting home so you can charge your phone. This charger is portable, compact, and able to fit inside a glove compartment, purse, pockets and many more!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Parts
The parts you will need you can get at your local RadioShack or other electronics store.
1. 8 AA Battery holder
2. 8 AA Batteries
3. Car phone charger
4. 9volt battery connector (used for 12v holder).
5. Push-button switch
Depending on the parts you already have already this is the estimated cost. (considering you already have a car phone charger and AA batteries).
All on RadioShack.com
9v connectors- $2.99 (pack of 5)
8 AA Battery Holder- $2.99
Push-button switch- $3.99
================== GRAND TOTAL $10
Thats a great deal when there are other phone chargers that cost like $50-$200 AND you have to charge them.
Step 2: Assembling
1. Solder a small 2" red wire (color helps for polarity) to the positive connection on the charger. (It is normally at the back).
2. Solder the end of that red wire to one of the leads on the switch. Then the red lead from the connector to the open side of the switch.
3. Solder the black wire onto the negative/neutral connection on the charger (you can even put the negative wire on the usb port it will work on pretty much anything metal on the circuit).
4. Put the batteries in the battery holder then connect the battery holder to the snap connectors.
5. Put your usb for you phone in it then press the button and it will start charging!
Step 3: Schematic
Here's the schematic for those of you who like this better!