Introduction: Ramen Noodle Chicken Nuggets
These delicious chicken nuggets are an easy dish to prepare that only requires three ingredients! The nuggets are extremely tender yet have a crunchy outside thanks to the Ramen Noodle breadcrumbs. This foolproof recipe is perfect for those in college or those on a tight budget who still want yummy foods without having to pay a pretty penny. Lets get started!
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
This recipe serves two people or one extremely hungry student :)
- one chicken breast ($1.50)
- one ramen noodle packet with seasoning ($0.25)
- one egg ($0.20)
Total Cost: $1.95
That's all the ingredients that there is to it! Feel free to double or even triple the recipe if there are more people.
Step 2: Ramen Noodle Breadcrumbs
1. Start off buy putting your ramen in a plastic bag. Gallon bags work best but are not necessary.
2. Pour as much seasoning as you like. I usually use 3/4 the packet but add more or less to taste. Seal the plastic bag so that you don't make a big mess.
3. Put your textbooks to work by using them to crush the ramen into small bits. Make the pieces bigger for crunchier nuggets or extremely fine for a softer nugget.
4. Pour the ramen breadcrumbs into a bowl. If the plastic baggie you used to crush the noodles hasn't broken, you don't have to do this step, but most likely there will be a few small tears from where the textbook has stabbed it.
Step 3: Preparing the Chicken
1. Take your chicken breast and use a knife (ones that have broken and have been repaired by duct tape are fine) to cut it into bite sized pieces like in the second photo.
2. Crack one egg into a bowl and whisk it using a fork/chopsticks/whatever.
Step 4: Breading
1. Start off by making sure you have a plate close by to put the breaded chicken on. Then place some chicken bits into the egg mixture making sure that every bit is coated.
2. Place the eggy chicken into your crushed ramen noodles and use your hand to make sure every part of the chicken is coated and that there are no bare spots.
3. Put the nuggets onto a place and get ready to cook!
Tip: Have one hand do the wet stuff (coating the chicken with egg) and your other hand do the dry stuff (coating the chicken with ramen noodle, placing nuggets onto a plate).
Step 5: Cooking
1. Pour some oil onto a pan. Doesn't really matter what kind of oil or what kind of pan, whatever you have. I used olive oil for this demonstration. Also, the more oil you use, the more tender and generally tastier the nuggets will be. Heat the pan on medium until the oil is hot.
2. Place all of the nuggets in an even layer on the pan. Don't worry if some of the ramen noodle coating falls off, you can pick those up later.
3. Cook until the bottom of the nuggets are a golden brown. The nugget in the third photo isn't done yet, it needs to cook for longer.
4. Once the nuggets are golden brown like in the last photo, turn them over so that the other side can cook. Once you can see that the other side is also golden, remove the nuggets from the pan and transfer them to a plate (or just eat them out of the pan, less dishes amirite?)
Tip: Don't put the cover on the pan! Condensation will form and drip onto your chicken nuggets making them soggy and wet.
Step 6: Enjoy!
Eat your nuggets when they are still warm and enjoy your delicious meal! If you liked this Instructible, please take a second to vote for me in the DIY University Contest! It would mean the world to me!
Have a fantastic day,
Third Prize in the
DIY University Contest