This low carb, high protein meal is the perfect breakfast, lunch, dinner. It is yummy, filling, low fat and chock full of nutrients. Egg whites digest quickly leaving your body to use up stored fat for fuel while you sleep Cool huh!!? It is also super easy to make for those evenings when you are too tired to cook. This can be ready in less than 10mins!
Step 1: Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
4 egg whites
1/4 Large Red or yellow pepper
Any vegetables of choice, I am using courgettes.
Preheat the oven to 200ºC/425ºF/gas 7.
Step 2: Prep Your Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/425ºF/gas 7.
- Chop onions, green chillies, courgettes, tomatoes and peppers. Set the sliced tomatoes aside.
Place a small non-stick oven proof frying pan (roughly 20cm) on a medium - high heat an add a teaspoon of olive oil (I used 3-4 sprays) then sauté the onions, green chillies, courgettes and peppers. Add a pinch of salt, 1/4 of stock cube, a pinch of herbs de provence (oregano, rosemary & thyme)
Step 3: Veggies + Eggs
- Crack 1 whole and 4 egg whites eggs into a bowl, whisk and add the sautéed veggies.
- Pour mixture in a hot pan for 2 minutes pulling in the sides to the middle.
- Place sliced tomatoes on the egg mixture and sprinkle some sea salt and black pepper.
Step 4: Grill
- Place pan in the preheated oven and grill for 2 minutes or till the top firms up .
And voila!!! Super yummy, low carb, low calorie and filling. (See macronutrients and dietary info in the images).
Hope you enjoyed this super easy Frittata recipe.
Participated in the
Egg Contest 2016