Intro: Seatbelt U-Lock Holster
This project is the replicate of a commercial u-lock holster. However, it is much cheaper and very easy to make.
This could hold a mini u-lock, but you can cut according to the size of your u-lock.
Step 1: Tools & Supplies
- Seatbelt webbing
- Sewing machine or thread & needle
Step 2: Cutting the Seatbelt
Cut the seatbelt to obtain the following pieces:
- 6 cm long - 4 pieces
- 22 cm long - 1 piece (This length depends on the width of your webbing. I used 38 mm; if you use 48 mm cut 24 cm)
Don't forget to seal the edges using a lighter to prevent fraying.
Step 3: Sewing
I don't have a sewing machine so sewing job was accomplished in a local shoe repair shop. I couldn't take photos during sewing; however I attached edited photos to show the stitches virtually.
- Lay the long webbing horizontally along its length
- Place the 2 short webbings lengthwise perpendicular to the long webbing at each end to form a T-shape.
- Be sure that the 2 pieces are aligned center with respect to the horizontal webbing.
- Sew a box-x stitch to join the pieces together
- Turn the back side of the joined pieces.
- Overlay the other 2 short webbings on the previously sewn short webbings.
- Stitch the short sides of the webbings to obtain a belt loop.