Intro: Toss It!: the Flatplane
This is my favorite paper plane design of all time. It is a completley flat glider that can soar and loop. enjoy!
Step 1: The Base
This is the first folds of the plane. It begins taking shape in a sort of triangle.
1. Fold the top corner so that it touches the other side and forms a right triangle, then unfold.
2. Fold the other top corner like in step 1 and unfold. This should form an 'x'.
3. Flip paper over and fold top corners back to touch the bottom of the x.
4. Flip paper back over and push the center of the x in. The paper should begin to collapse into a triangle-thing.
Hopefully the pictures should help explain a little better.
Step 2: The Body: Part 1
Now we're moving on to the main body of the plane, the part that is held during throwing. it is a more complicated step so please bear with me.
1. Fold the two bottom prongs of the triangle up to the top to create two triangles.
2. Fold the bottom edges of the triangles to the center making two right triangles.
3. Pop the pockets at the top of the triangles out.
4. Fold the two top prongs into the pockets.
Sorry about the blurry pics
Step 3: The Body: Part 2
Now we are going to finish the body of the plane
1. Fold the two right triangles out.
2. Fold the nose of the plane in 'till it is flush with the level of the tops of the triangles.
3. Pop out the pockets in the nose.
4. Tuck the triangles in the pockets and the body is done!
Hooray! Almost finished
Step 4: Finishing Touches
To launch the plane, hold onto the underside and give it a good throw at a steep angle.
This plane likes lots of space where it can soar and flip. There is more modifications like flaps but i lke to leave it as is
And now for the videos