The Switch which basically detects the touch & accordingly turns ON & OFF.
Step 1: Parts
For Touch Switch we need 4 Parts as listed:-
1) IRFZ44 (40..any IRFZ Series Mosfet) it is a Special type of MOSFET which holds its o/p.
2) Touch Plate.
3) Resistor of 470 ohm.
Apart from this you also need a general purpose printed circuit board, battery cap & male-female pins.
You can Buy DIY Kit for this project as well as Parts from HERE !
Step 2: Circuit Diagram
- Here S1 and S2 indicates the touch. S1 for switching ON & S2 for switching OFF.
Step 3: Making Touch Plate
- Take the strip of the touch plate shown in step 2. Cut the plate such a way that 3 strips come under it.
- Now take a strip of 3 male pins & solder as shown in figure.
Step 4: Soldering Switch
- The source of the MOSFET is given directly 9v dc.
- Gate is soldered with 2nd female pin (middle one).
- The drain is soldered with 470 ohm resistor whose other end is given to the LED & the other terminal of the LED is grounded.
- Two other female pins the left most & right most is given 9v & other one is grounded.
- Now all the vcc & ground are taken at two female pins where we need to connect the battery.
- Now when you put your finger between the 9v & gate the LED turns ON. And when you touch ground & gate together it turns OFF.
Step 5: Applications
The Touch switch has infinitely many applications some of which are listed below:-
- It can be used as touch sensor.
- Anywhere at the place of regular switch.(Only for low voltage applications)
Geet Patel made it!