Introduction: Grown-up Scoubi Bracelets
I really like the look of scoubi bracelets but didn't really like the way you tie them off. So I came up with my own version to finish off the ends.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: You Will Need...
- 10mm bead caps
- fishing string / wire
- toggle clasps
- seed beads
- hot glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- scoubi strings / plastic strings (any colour)
Step 2: Making the Ends
- cut piece of fishing thread
- thread fishing wire through loop in toggle clasp finding
- push both ends of the thread through the hole in the bead cap
- thread a seed bead onto one end
- tie off with a knot to keep the seed bead in place (as it's bigger than the hole in the bead cap)
- cut off the sticking out ends of the thread (that stick out from the rim of the bead cap)
Step 3: the Main Part of the Bracelet
- make a scoubi bracelet in any length you like (so long as it goes all the way around the intended wrist)
- cut off the sticking out threads at the ends
Step 4: Putting It All Together
- squeeze a drop of hot glue onto one end of the scoubi bracelet
- whilst the glue is still hot and 'liquid', push it into one of the "bead cap ends" (to stick it in place)
- wait to dry
- repeat with the other end of the scoubi bracelet and the other "bead cap end"