I want to present you my battle dwarven costume. I made it for the biggest live action role playing battle in Czech Republic which was inspired by a Hobbit from J.R.R. Tolkien.
It is supposed to be some kind of a guide for people who makes costume of dwarf for some halloween party, larp, etc :)
Because my costume consists of many parts I divided it to many instructables so it isn't so long :)
I will show you how to make most of the parts, but some are so easy or I haven't make an instructable for them or you will just find them at home :)
Well, we'll start from the top:
- Helmet (or you can use hat if you don't have a helm :) )
- Padded collar
- Padded arming cap. I sewed two woolen hats together and then put them into the linen pocket and sewed it.
- Padded coat - I don't have ible for this one, but it's basically two tunics/coats sewed together and padded with wool or something :)
- Chainmail armor - well, I think that there are a lot of instructables showing how to make one :)
- Trousers - I don't have instructable for this one either. But I think, if you will use some other pants than jeans, your costume will be okay ;)
- Shoes - I made some shoe shape from leather and put it over my hiking boots. I also made some sleeves from fur to cover my calves.
- Some bag for food
- Flask for water - I used old military flask and cover it with a sheep fur.
- Leather bag
- Leather belts
And that's it!
I hope it was helpful and you like it.
I'll be glad for comments and for constructive criticism what should I improve for next year :)