Introduction: DIY Foam Sheet Flowers
Flowers are beautiful no matter they are real or fake. But the only problem with real flowers are that they die, and the flowers look best when they are in their natural habitat.
So lets make flowers, because you can always DIY things you love.
Step 1: Supplies
- Foam sheet (2mm thickness)
- Super-glue or Hot glue
- Flower buds (you can find this at any crafts store)
- Metal wire
- Green colored tape (green colored paper too will do fine)
Step 2: Marking and Cutting
- Mark 1/2 inch on the long side of your foam sheet and cut it to get a long strip of foam sheet.
- Cut the strip into half.Fold one half into 1/2 inch squares, and the other into 1 inch squares.
- Now draw your petal shape on the squares and cut.
- You will get two sized petals because of the different square size.
Step 3: Gluing the Petals
- Insert the bud into a loop made in the metal wire.
- Wrap the end of a small sized petal at the loop.In the similar way start adding petal adjacent to each other.
- After one row of petal have been glued, begin gluing the big sized petal to the base.
- Again add them adjacent to each other.
Step 4: The Stalk
- After making the flower wrap tape around the bottom of the flower.
- Go on wrapping tape till the metal wire ends (this forms your stalk)
- Arrange the petal to your preference, you can also stretch the foam sheet a little to widen the petal.
And that's it, you have your pretty foam flowers!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017