Introduction: Decorative Hanger
In this article, you will learn how to make a decorative hanger that looks like a tree. You can use it to hang keys, jewellery, etc. It is functional and also decorative. The best part is that it is made out of things you already have at home!
- Paint Brushes
- Cardboard roll
- Masking Tape (or) Cello tape
Step 1: Preparing the Base
- Take a piece of cardboard to act as the base. Using masking / cello tape, tape the cardboard roll on to the piece of cardboard.
- After that, use newspaper to make the roots of the tree and stick it on to the base. Use enough tape to shape the newspaper and to stick it onto the base.
- Cover the whole roll with newspaper to make it look like a tree.
Step 2: Adding the Branches
- Using more newspaper and tape, make branches and stick on to the cardboard roll.
Step 3: Making Papier - Mâché
- Take newspaper and tear it into small pieces.
- Mix water and glue to make Papier - mâché.
- Apply the papier - mâché on the structure.
- Leave it to dry for a few hours, preferably overnight.
Step 4: Painting
- Paint the structure to make it look realistic.
- There you go! You have made the tree hanger. It is functional as well as decorative!
Participated in the
Trash to Treasure Contest