Introduction: Fishhook Choker
Hi everyone! Here I have a cute chocker made out of fishhooks, pearls, crystals, beads, as well as some chain. It is a fun necklace to make which you can adjust and add your own style to.
- gold chain
- black pearl beads
- glass crystal beads
- mini black beads
- flat head pins
- headpins for laying the beads
- O rings
- Flat nose pliers
Step 1: Making the Base of the Choker
- The first thing I did was, using the headpins I place a single black pearl and then I closed the other side of the head pin using the flat head pliers.
- Once I made one of those I cut a chain of five from the gold chain and then added it to one of the ends of the head pin.
- I continued doing steps 1 and 2 until I had a chain with beads that was the size I wanted to go around to the measurement of my neck.
Step 2: Attaching the Glass Crystal Beads to the Fishhooks
- The first thing I did was find some fish hooks which I could use for the chocker.
- Once I found the fishhooks I then used the flat head pins to place the glass crystal beads through.
- Then I cut the pins shorter and bent them into a hook shape to attach it to the fishhook, once the fishhook was on it I closed the wire around the fishhook so it was attached.
Step 3: Attaching the Fishhooks With the Crytal Beads to the Original Base Chain
- Once you have made the pieces in step 2 you can attach it to the base chain by using the pliers to attach a single chain to the fish hook which you can then use to attach the fishhook to the third chan of the chain of five between the beads.
Step 4: Beading the Head Pins
- First I collected the beads I wanted to use for the necklace.
- I used 6 mini black beads, 2 flower beads, and a single black pearl bead for each head pin.
- I placed the beads on the head pin with the two mini black beads first, then the flower bead, one more mini bead, the pearl bead and then i did the same on the other side.
- I made as many as I needed to go around the whole necklace.
Step 5: Adding the Beaded Head Pins to the Necklace
- All you have to do on this part is, using the pliers open the head pins and attach them to the fish hooks on both sides of where you place the beaded head pins.
- You do this all around the necklace and once you have finished you are almost done with the choker.
Step 6: Attaching the Clasp
- What I did for this part was first using some O rings i attached them together using the pliers.
- I made it the length I wanted and then attached it to the necklace chain.
- Then I attached the clasp to the other end of the chain.
And that's it a cool chocker that is cute and simple to make.
Participated in the