Introduction: Green Hot Chilli Pepper Indian Curry
Enjoy this sizzling hot spicy Indian curry and let your taste buds feel the heat.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Green Chilli Pepper or Jalapenos - 10
- Bird's eye chilli - 8
- Dry Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Oil - 6-7 tsp
- Peanuts - 1/2 cup
- Sesame seed - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Nigella - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 2
- Lemon - 1
- Ginger- Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Curd - 1 1/2 cup
- Salt - According to taste
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
Step 2: Preparation of Spice Paste
1. Roast the dry coconut without any oil till it changes to brown.
2. Take a pan and roast all the peanuts,sesame seeds and half of the coriander seeds,cumin seeds,fenugreek seeds and nigella.
3. Now, in a pan lightly brown the onions.Make a smooth paste of the above mentioned ingredients with 4-5 chillies( bird's eye).
Step 3: Preparation of Curry
1. Remove the chili crowns then Rinse and wipe dry the green chilies.
2. Slit the chilies vertically but do not break them.
3. Heat about 2 tsp oil in a pan and fry the chilies till light brown. Remove and drain it on kitchen tissues.
4. Now in the same pan add more oil.
5. Fry coriander seeds, cumin seeds , fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and nigella till they pop.
6. Add ginger- garlic paste and saute it for 1 min.
7. Add the ground spice paste and turmeric powder and fry for 3-4 minutes or more till you can see oil floating on the top and sides of the masala.
8. Now add curd in it and saute it for 1-2 min.
9. Add 2 cups of water. 9. Stir and simmer for 5 min.
10. Add fried green chilies & salt and simmer for 7-9 minutes more.
11. Finally ,Add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves and garnish it with green - red chillies.
12. Serve this hot curry with plain steamed rice.
The gravy thickens as it cooks, so add more water if required.
If you want to remove the hotness from the chilies , remove the seeds from the chilies.
Step 4: Garnish
1. Finally ,Add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves and garnish it with green - red chillies.
2. Serve this hot curry with plain steamed rice.
Second Prize in the
Some Like It Hot Contest