Introduction: How to Build a Dollhouse Paper Model? #papercraft #diy
If you like to own a miniature dollhouse, but ..
- you don't have the skill to build one.
- you don't have enough time to make it.
- you think the dollhouse in the store is too expensive.
There is a easy way to build a dollhouse with paper.
- don't need to sawing, carving, grinding and painting ...
- don't need special tools and skill
- don't need to collect a lot of material
- simple material : paper
- easy to handmake
- it's low cost & eco-friendly
All you need is ...
- print the template on paper.
- cut, fold, glue and assemble all the parts together.
- step by step, you can build a dollhouse paper model by yourself.
- you can also work together with your family to complete your family dollhouse.
- Sample : Model A-000
- Scale :1/24
- Dimension : WxHxD = 20cm x 33cm x 20cm
- Material : paper A4 (210mm x 297 mm); 150 gsm; 42 sheets.
Step 1: Features
Working Door and Window (fig.1)
- Doors and windows are free to open and close.
Openable Wall (fig.2)
- Each room has one side of wall can be opened.
Structured Design (fig.3)
- Using tubular structural design, enhance the strength of the wall and the floor.
Modular Room Design (fig.4)
- With standard dimension of wallpaper and floor, you can define the room as you wishes.
Floor Expandable (fig.5)
- You can freely stack up the floor as your needs.
Step 2: Tools & Materials
- Cutting Mat : used to protect the desktop, also extending life of blade.
- Scissor : used to cut the irregular curve or simple outline of the larger pieces.
- Knife : for cutting small or complex parts pieces.
- Glue : white glue (PVAc).
- Glue stick : glue stick for large area stick.
- Ruler : used to scribing a long straight fold line.
- Tweeters : used to hold parts during gluing process.
- Scoring tool : a small round tip tool is used to scribing fold line. Such as inkless ballpoint pen.
- Double-sided tape : used to adhesive wallpaper. Tape width 6mm is recommended.
- Transparent film : used to imitate window glass. Film thickness 0.2mm or thinner is recommended.
- Paper Size : A4 (210mm x 297mm)
- Paper Weight : 150gsm is recommended.
Step 3: Workflow
- Scoring the fold line to dent the paper.
- Cutting pieces align black outline line.
Fold & Glue
- Glue the folded pieces together by instruction.
- Assemble parts by part numbers and stick by instruction
- complete demo video -
Step 4: Resource
Participated in the
Papercraft Contest 2017