Introduction: How to Cook Venison Enchiladas With Salsa Verde
I am trying to mix up our meals and bringing back old family favorites. Today was venison enchiladas with salsa verde!
Easy to make, Bake at 350 for 25 minutes!
1 jar Green salsa(verde)see other instructables for recipe
1/4 cup water
8-10 Soft wraps
1 onion chopped
*tomatoes optional 1/2 cup chopped
1 pound Venison meat
8oz Cream Cheese
4oz sharp cheddar cheese
Seasoning to taste, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cumm, paprika.
Glass baking dish
Step 1: Cook the Venison
1. Using a crockpot, put one pound venison, seasoning, 1/4 cup water, and 1/2 cup of salsa on high.
2. Cook on high until boiling. Lower and simmer for a few hours.
3. Next, I added chopped tomatoes and onions halfway through cooking. I had them leftover from a previous meal. *use whatever you have.
4. Last, I added 1/4 cup of rice
Or for a quicker way you can fry the meat in a pan.
Step 2: Wraps
1. Lay out a soft shell wrap, place some meat inside and wrap the shell up.
2. Repeat until you have used all the shells.
You can also use hard shells if you like that better
Or do a mix of both.
3. Grease a 13" x 9" glass pan and place the wraps in the glass dish.
Step 3: Salsa Verde
1. Let cream cheese sit at room temperature until softened.
2. In a food processor Add the salsa verde and cream cheese. Blend well.
3. Next, spread over the top of the vension wraps.
4. Sprinkle sharp cheddar cheese over the top of the salsa verde.
Step 4: Bake
1. Cover with foil and Bake at 350 for 15 minutes remove the foil
2. Bake for another 10 minutes at 350.
3. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
4. To finish out the meal, serve the venison enchiladas with corn and a salad. Also a side of Salas and hot sauce!
Participated in the
Baking Speed Challenge