Introduction: How to Make DIY Handmade Paper Roses?
Who would say no to roses! But designing the vases with fresh roses every day is surely going to be too costly. So, what is the solution to this? Artificial flowers? Why not make them on your own instead of looking in the market!
Yes, today we are going to learn the simple and quick steps of making handmade roses for decoration purpose.
Step 1: Things You Need
- Crepe paper(pink and green)
- Paper roll (small)
- Toothpick or stick
- Green color tape
- Scissors and glue
Step 2: Let’s Take a Crepe Paper!
Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Take a crepe paper. Fold it into half and cut it. Again, make a fold and cut it. In this way, make strips of around 2 inches in width. When the strips are ready, cut out small squares from the strips.
- Now fold each square into half and cut it from one end to the other end in a curvy shape. On opening the fold, it would seem like a flower petal. Similarly, cut out all the squares making petals from it.
Step 3: Let’s Make a Bud!
Step 4: Let’s Fold the Petal!
- Now using a toothpick, roll the top two sides of the petal for giving it slight fold similar to original petals. While rolling the petal, press slightly for proper effect. Similarly, roll all the petals. Pull the petals from the center gently.
Step 5: Let’s Cover the Bud!
- Take one petal and apply some glue in the center. Stick the petal on the stick with the bud covering the entire bud. Similarly, take another petal and apply glue on the inner side and stick it on the opposite side of the first petal.
- Now take another petal and stick it beside the second petal. Take other petals and stick it on the stick in a circular motion making a flower. In this way, cover the bud stick with all the petals making a rose flower.
Step 6: Let’s Stick the Green Color Tape!
- When all the petals are done, take a green color tape and stick it on the lower side of the flower forming a base.
- Apply glue on the entire stick and keep rolling and sticking the tape on the stick. Your rose flower with a green branch is ready.
Step 7: Let’s Make Green Leaves!
- Now take a green crepe paper. Cut out a square piece out of it. Fold it into half. Cut out a leaf shape from the piece. On opening the fold, you would receive two leaves. Give small cuts on the end of the leaf to give it a realistic look.
- Take the leaves and stick it on the rose branch. Your rose flower is ready.
Step 8: Conclusion
In this way, you can make out as many roses as you want with different colors and sizes. Such roses can be used for decorating the vases, or other floral decorations during events.