Introduction: How to Make a 3D Printed Basketball Shaped Pencil Holder With Your Name Using Tinkercad (updated)
Hi guys, in this Instructable I will show you how make a space for some pencils and an eraser, and all of this is shaped like a basketball! So let's get started!!
Step 1: Half Basketball
- First take a basketball
- Then take a cube and set it to a hole
- Now select both of them
- Press L to align
- Align them
- Press Ctrl + G to group them
Step 2: Eraser
- First take a box
- Then shape it to the size of the eraser and set it to a hole
- Place it where you want it to be on the ball from the previous step
- Select both of them and group
Step 3: Pencils
- First take a cylinder
- Then shape it to the size of your pencils and set it to a hole
- Duplicate it seven times
- Place them on the ball
- Group them all together
Step 4: Your Name
- Take a text object and set it to a hole
- Write your name
- Choose font
- Place it on the ball
- Group everything together
Step 5: Examples
Here are three examples for this Instructable that some of my students made, but I asked them to ad something of thier own, to make it interesting.
My first student aded wheels and a ring (to tie a rope), and made the perfect pen box.
My second student made a little box for these small scrap stuff that you get when you use a pencil sharpener.
My third student made a stand for a phone in the back of the ball.
Participated in the
Distance Learning with Tinkercad Contest