Introduction: How to Make a DIY Paper Tray Out of Waste Cardboard?
Baskets are a common thing in every household. It is essential to store items as big as clothes to as small as cosmetics and jewellery. We keep purchasing several baskets to meet our requirements which are costly as well as time-consuming.
Very few of us know that a basket can be made of paper as well and that too it will serve our purpose of storage. Here we are going to make a paper basket which can hold small items easily and looks attractive.
Step 1: Things Needed
- Foam sheet
- Glue gun
- Satin ribbon
- Beads lace
Step 2: Let's Make Basket!
- Take a cardboard and measure the dimensions as shown. Draw the required pattern for the basket as shown.
- Use a cutter to run on the markings to get the desired shape.
- Now take the original cardboard piece and paste the cutout cardboard portions covering the edges.
Step 3: Let's Paint the Basket!
- Take pink colour and paint the surface of the paper basket.
- Let it dry completely.
- Take another piece of cardboard and draw the measurement as shown.
- Cut out two stripes of this cardboard and remove the thin layer present on its surface.
- Paint the stripes as well and allow it to dry.
- Take a lace and paste it on the sides of the stripes.
Step 4: Let's Decorate the Basket!
- Take a foam sheet and cut it in the shape of the basket.
- Paste it at the inner surface of the basket.
- Similarly cut out the foam sheets and stick them to the internal sides of the basket.
- Now stick a lace to cover the edges of the paper basket.
- Stick pearls on the upper and lower portion of the basket for an attractive look.
- Roll the stripes and fix them on the two sides of the basket.
- Decorate the stripes using bead chain to complete its look.
Wow!! What a beautiful paper basket it has turned out to be. Your paper basket is now ready to use.
Step 5: Conclusion
This paper basket can be placed anywhere in the house and you can store small items such as nail paint, earrings, scissor and other makeup essentials. It looks beautiful and you can use other colours as well based on your creativity.
Try out this amazing craft and don’t forget to share your valuable feedback with us.
Participated in the
Paper Contest 2018