Introduction: How to Sew a Button
Have you ever been in a rush to go someplace but unfortunately a button popped out of your favorite shirt ?
Well, nothing to worry about as at the end of this Instructable you're going to be master at sewing buttons. Well there is no rocket science involved, just a sewing in the right place.
So let's begin!
Step 1: Supplies
- Thread (color similar to the button)
Step 2: Threading
- Insert the thread into the eye of the needle.
- Now you have two strands of thread.
- Tie a knot at the end of the thread.
- Place the button on your shirt.
- Insert the needle from the back into a hole in the button.
Insert the needle into the hole below the one you're currently working on.
From the back insert the hook again into the same hole and insert the needle into the hole on top.
Step 3: Sewing
- Now from the back of your fabric insert the needle into the hole on adjacent to the one you're working on.
- Repeat step 3 to the two on these two holes.
- Now you have your button sewed to your shirt so tie a knot at the end of the thread (on the wrong side of your shirt) and cut the excess thread.
That's it you know how to sew a button now!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017